DABLER MILL & SUPPLY CO.
This is the first in a new series of kits for the next millennium providing the HO scale model railroader with the fulfillment of building a highly detailed craftsman kit, but with the ease and enjoyment that our LASERkit line is known for.
Based upon "The Hinkle Mill", which was featured in an article in the January 1982 issue of RAILROAD MODEL CRAFTSMAN, the prototype for Dabler Mill & Supply Co. is located in Thomasville, North Carolina. In designing this kit, we made various modifications which should not only increase interest, but also add to the intrigue of the structure. The other main design consideration was to make this model fit any era and locale.
The structure is primarily clapboard, but one of the interesting features of the prototype is the use of "fake", rolled asphalt brick paper on the one wall. This is duplicated on the model.
The prototype is obviously, a number of "combined" structures that were apparently built as "add-ons" over the years. For adaptability to the modelers layout, we have designed the company office building so it may be built as a separate structure that does not have to be attached to the main structure.
Some of the details of Dabler include:
- LASERkit's famous Peel & Stick windows and doors.
- Tab and slot wall construction for ease of assembly.
- An enclosed rail car loading/unloading shed with two dock platforms inside the area. A standard 40' box car will fit completely inside the building.
- Exterior stairs leading to the main elevator house.
- Elevator Tower with visible gear drive wheel and "bicycle" type chain; maintenance platform; and wood ladder.
- Intricately designed grain drying bin with detailed screw conveyor, access
Kit No. 2001 MSRP $299.95.
Copyright © 2002-2016 American
Model Builders. All rights reserved.
Revised: May 19, 2016 .